National Commercial Bank | NCB, one of the oldest and most important banks in Libya, NCB was established in 1970 as a Libyan joint-stock company. NCB offers a wide range of innovative banking solutions and products for corporate and individual aiming to provide a unique customer experience.
Our top priority is to responsibly meet all our clients’ banking needs. Whether a corporate giant or an individual, NCB will help our clients to reach their goals because when they succeed, we succeed. In our 69 branches spread throughout the country and with our staff of over 3,000 dedicated and knowledgeable employees, we endeavor to foster progress at every turn.
NCB has expanded steadily in the Libyan market and is now ranked one of the top two in several banking areas. NCB has steadily improved its position in the market along with its profits and assets and looks forward to expand and develop into new business sectors.Key Facts
- Established: 1970
- Starting Capital: 500 million Libyan Dinars
- Central bank of Libya ownership: 74.21%
- Private sector ownership: 25.79%
- Shareholder Equity: 786 Million Libyan Dinar
- Market Share 23% of total credit & facilities
- Individual Accounts: 1 million
- Corporate and Government Accounts: 25,000
- 2017 Net Profit: Around 100 million Libyan dinars with 19% increase compared with 2016
- Value of Assets: 22.5 billion Libyan dinars